By Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan
This pathbreaking assortment offers whatever that has been lacking within the literature on getting older in India, specially for non-Indian audiences: experiences of varied features of getting older in India mixed with analyses of present regulations, coverage developments and proposals. you are going to learn getting older concerns from a number of perspectivesdemographic foundations, social and kinfolk family, economics, health and wellbeing and incapacity, present interventions, and advocacy and coverage. An getting older India additionally will give you updated references, factors of alterations and similarities inside India's assorted inhabitants, examples of courses in quite a few settings together with a geriatric health center, a big NGO, and old-age houses, and an summary of the improvement of India's nationwide coverage on getting older. the place applicable, comparisons with U.S. coverage methods are noted.
An getting older India: views, clients, and regulations examines:
- the demography of getting older in India
- the present nation of analysis on getting older, and the pitfalls linked to that examine
- source of revenue, poverty, and the issues created by means of the inability of any frequent retirement source of revenue procedure in India
- the wellbeing and fitness prestige of Indian elders and what their healthcare customers are
- the placement for the disabled aged in India
- elder abuse within the Indian context
- social networks and grassroots enterprises for seniors in India
- the position of Indian geriatric hospitals and old-age houses
The insights of the head researchers and practitioners who contributed to An getting older India: views, clients, and guidelines will strike domestic with their opposite numbers all over the world. Make this publication part of your professional/teaching assortment today!
Read or Download An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies PDF
Best gerontology books
Senior facilities in the US offers the main accomplished and present exam of this crucial subject to be had this present day. Written via one of many best researchers within the box, this e-book offers an exhaustive assessment of neighborhood and nationwide stories to supply an entire and multi-faceted research of senior facilities.
Become aware of the various variety of housing techniques on hand to the aged inhabitants with this wonderful new publication. This well timed quantity addresses the general public coverage and layout and improvement concerns that needs to inevitably face these concerned about housing our gradually turning out to be aged inhabitants. The chapters conceal a large spectrum of populations together with aged humans in “aging ghettoes” in suburbia, carrying on with care retirement group citizens, full-time leisure car tourists, and the homeless aged.
Achieve a brand new standpoint at the foreign implications of our getting older inhabitants! This complete e-book examines a extensive array of foreign matters in gerontology. concerns in international getting older addresses the results of the swift progress in aged populations in either the 3rd international and industrialized international locations together with the USA, Israel, Pakistan, and the united kingdom.
Workout, nutrients and the Older lady: wellbeing for ladies Over Fifty is a entire consultant to the foremost health concerns for ladies over fifty. the writer is a doctor who explores vitamin, workout and way of life offerings from a clinical viewpoint. The ebook assists within the layout and implementation of courses to optimize solid future health and caliber of existence.
- Aging Heroes: Growing Old in Popular Culture
- Aging in Israel: Research, Policy and Practice: 13 (Schnitzer Studies in Israeli Society)
- Gerontechnology: Research, Practice, and Principles in the Field of Technology and Aging
- Constructing the Life Course (The Reynolds Series in Sociology)
- La vieillesse des uns et le travail des autres: Les enjeux contemporains d'une rencontre séculaire (Études) (French Edition)
Extra resources for An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies
An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies by Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan