By Robert Stolz
Read Online or Download Bad Water: Nature, Pollution, and Politics in Japan, 1870–1950 (Asia-Pacific: Culture, Politics, and Society) PDF
Best environmental science books
Lightning: Physics and results is the 1st booklet that covers basically all elements of lightning, together with lightning physics, lightning safeguard and the interplay of lightning with various gadgets and structures in addition to with the surroundings. it's written in a mode that would be obtainable to the technical non-expert and is addressed to someone drawn to lightning and its results.
In 1837 a complete dialogue of lightning seemed within the Annual of the French Bureau des Longitudes with a bit on ball lightning which supplied for the 1st time a available resource within the medical literature of the elemental homes of this curious traditional phenomenon. the writer, Francois Arago, was once the dominant impression within the French Academy of Sciences within the 19th century, having join that august physique on the age of twenty-three.
Within the biogeochemical dynamics of marine ecosystems, silicon is a big point whose function has, for a very long time, been underestimated. it really is despite the fact that critical to the task of a number of biomineralizing marine organisms, a few of which play an important position within the organic pump of oceanic carbon.
In ihren kurzen Erlebnisbildern beschreibt die Autorin mannigfaltige Spielarten des Lebens. Dabei ist ihr Blick auf Welt und Menschen teils heiter, teils melancholisch, teils verstörend. Der facettenreichen Sprache entspricht die Auswahl der von ihr aufgenommenen Lichtbilder.
- Black and Green: Black Insights for the Green Movement
- Managing the Climate Crisis: Assessing Our Risks, Options, and Prospects
- The Environmental Legacy of Harry S. Truman (The Truman Legacy Series Book 5)
- The Common Agricultural Policy after the Fischler Reform: National Implementations, Impact Assessment and the Agenda for Future Reforms
- Landslide Science and Practice: Volume 3: Spatial Analysis and Modelling
- China and the Environment: The Green Revolution (Asian Arguments)
Extra info for Bad Water: Nature, Pollution, and Politics in Japan, 1870–1950 (Asia-Pacific: Culture, Politics, and Society)
Bad Water: Nature, Pollution, and Politics in Japan, 1870–1950 (Asia-Pacific: Culture, Politics, and Society) by Robert Stolz