By Kumar Rayaprolu
Following the ebook of the author’s first e-book, Boilers for energy and procedure via CRC Press in 2009, numerous requests have been made for a reference with even faster entry to info. Boilers: a pragmatic Reference is the results of these requests, delivering a easy encyclopedic structure with greater than 500 entries and approximately an analogous variety of aiding illustrations.
Written for training engineers and working with functional matters instead of idea, this reference focuses completely on water tube boilers present in approach industries and tool crops. It presents large reasons for the next topics:
- A diversity of boilers and major auxiliaries, in addition to steam and fuel turbines
- Traditional firing techniques—grates, oil/gas, and smooth systems
- Industrial, application, waste warmth, MSW and bio-fuel-fired boilers, together with supercritical boilers
- The clinical basics of combustion, warmth move, fluid move, and more
- The fundamentals of fuels, water, ash, high-temperature steels, structurals, refractory, insulation, and more
- Additional engineering themes like boiler tools, controls, welding, corrosion, and wear
- Air toxins, its abatement thoughts and their impression at the layout of boilers and auxiliaries
- Emerging applied sciences comparable to carbon seize, oxy-fuel combustion, and PFBC
This reference covers nearly each subject wanted via boiler engineers in strategy and tool vegetation. An encyclopedia by means of layout and a pro reference booklet via concentration and measurement, this quantity is robust on basics and layout elements in addition to sensible content material. The scope and easy-to-navigate presentation of the cloth plus the varied illustrations make this a distinct reference for busy layout, undertaking, operation, and consulting engineers.