By Daisuke Furihata,Takayasu Matsuo
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) became more and more very important within the description of actual phenomena. not like traditional Differential Equations, PDEs can be utilized to successfully version multidimensional platforms.
The equipment recommend in Discrete Variational by-product Method pay attention to a brand new classification of "structure-preserving numerical equations" which improves the qualitative behaviour of the PDE ideas and makes it possible for solid computing. The authors have additionally taken care to give their equipment in an available demeanour, which means the ebook can be worthy to engineers and physicists with a simple wisdom of numerical research. themes mentioned include:
- "Conservative" equations corresponding to the Korteweg–de Vries equation (shallow water waves) and the nonlinear Schrödinger equation (optical waves)
- "Dissipative" equations equivalent to the Cahn–Hilliard equation (some part separation phenomena) and the Newell-Whitehead equation (two-dimensional Bénard convection flow)
- Design of spatially and temporally high-order schemas
- Design of linearly-implicit schemas
- Solving platforms of nonlinear equations utilizing numerical Newton technique libraries
Read or Download Discrete Variational Derivative Method: A Structure-Preserving Numerical Method for Partial Differential Equations (Chapman & Hall/CRC Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing Series) PDF
Similar number systems books
This ebook is anxious with the equipment of fixing the nonlinear Boltz mann equation and of investigating its chances for describing a few aerodynamic and actual difficulties. This monograph is a sequel to the e-book 'Numerical direct suggestions of the kinetic Boltzmann equation' (in Russian) which used to be written with F.
Filtering is the technological know-how of nding the legislation of a method given a partial remark of it. the most items we examine listed below are di usion techniques. those are clearly linked to second-order linear di erential operators that are semi-elliptic and so introduce a potentially degenerate Riemannian constitution at the nation house.
Die auf drei Bände angelegte Reihe mit prüfungsrelevanten Aufgaben und Lösungen erläutert grundlegende Mathematik-bezogene Methoden der Informatik. Der vorliegende erste Band "Induktives Vorgehen" intoniert das durch das Zusammenspiel von Struktur, Invarianz und Abstraktion geprägte Leitthema der Trilogie zu den Grundlagen der Höheren Informatik.
This paintings presents a major contribution to the huge attempt of modeling warmth, mass and momentum shipping in multi-physics issues of the improvement of recent resolution ways. It re-visits the known means of community program utilizing stream community ideas for all shipping method parts for a coupled modeling job.
- Meshfree Methods for Partial Differential Equations II: 43 (Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering)
- Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Coupled Problems: Proceedings of the 1st GeoMEast International Congress and Exhibition, Egypt 2017 on Sustainable Civil Infrastructures
- Particle Swarm Optimisation: Classical and Quantum Perspectives (Chapman & Hall/CRC Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing Series)
- A Concise Introduction to Geometric Numerical Integration (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs and Research Notes in Mathematics)
Extra resources for Discrete Variational Derivative Method: A Structure-Preserving Numerical Method for Partial Differential Equations (Chapman & Hall/CRC Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing Series)
Discrete Variational Derivative Method: A Structure-Preserving Numerical Method for Partial Differential Equations (Chapman & Hall/CRC Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing Series) by Daisuke Furihata,Takayasu Matsuo