By James R. Holton,Judith A. Curry
This authoritative source covers all points of atmospheric sciences - together with either conception and functions. approximately 350 articles and over 1,900 figures and images are offered, many in full-color. The Encyclopedia is a perfect source for academia, executive, and within the fields of atmospheric, ocean, and environmental sciences. it really is written at a degree that enables undergraduate scholars to appreciate the fabric, whereas offering lively researchers with the newest info within the box. The Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences has been constructed along the award-winning Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences. jointly those references supply readers with a finished source and a hyperlink among those fields.
Also on hand on-line on ScienceDirect. For on-line model info, please stopover at http://www.info.sciencedirect.com/reference_works
- Covers all elements of atmospheric sciences - together with either idea and applications
- Presents approximately 350 articles and over 1,900 figures and photographs
- Broad-ranging articles comprise issues equivalent to atmospheric chemistry, biogeochemical cycles, boundary layers, clouds, common circulate, international swap, mesoscale meteorology, ozone, radar, satellite tv for pc distant sensing, and climate prediction
- An excellent source for academia, executive, and within the fields of atmospheric, ocean, and environmental sciences
- The Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences used to be built along the award-winning Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences; jointly those references offer readers with a finished source and a hyperlink among those fields
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences: 1-6 (Idel Reference Works) PDF
Similar environmental science books
Lightning: Physics and results is the 1st ebook that covers basically all elements of lightning, together with lightning physics, lightning safeguard and the interplay of lightning with quite a few gadgets and platforms in addition to with the surroundings. it truly is written in a method that might be obtainable to the technical non-expert and is addressed to a person drawn to lightning and its results.
In 1837 a finished dialogue of lightning seemed within the Annual of the French Bureau des Longitudes with a piece on ball lightning which supplied for the 1st time a on hand resource within the medical literature of the fundamental homes of this curious average phenomenon. the writer, Francois Arago, used to be the dominant impression within the French Academy of Sciences within the 19th century, having join that august physique on the age of twenty-three.
Within the biogeochemical dynamics of marine ecosystems, silicon is an incredible aspect whose function has, for a very long time, been underestimated. it's notwithstanding essential to the task of a number of biomineralizing marine organisms, a few of which play a vital function within the organic pump of oceanic carbon.
In ihren kurzen Erlebnisbildern beschreibt die Autorin mannigfaltige Spielarten des Lebens. Dabei ist ihr Blick auf Welt und Menschen teils heiter, teils melancholisch, teils verstörend. Der facettenreichen Sprache entspricht die Auswahl der von ihr aufgenommenen Lichtbilder.
- Variability of Air Temperature and Atmospheric Precipitation in the Arctic (Atmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences Library)
- The Green State: Rethinking Democracy and Sovereignty (MIT Press)
- Das Klima in Baden-Wüttemberg: Überblick über die Klimagebiete Baden-Württembergs (German Edition)
- Felid Bibliography 1781-1988
- Climatic and Environmental History of Isla de los Estados, Argentina (SpringerBriefs in Earth System Sciences)
Additional resources for Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences: 1-6 (Idel Reference Works)
Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences: 1-6 (Idel Reference Works) by James R. Holton,Judith A. Curry