By Vladimir A. Rakov,Martin A. Uman
Read Online or Download Lightning: Physics and Effects PDF
Similar environmental science books
Lightning: Physics and results is the 1st booklet that covers primarily all elements of lightning, together with lightning physics, lightning defense and the interplay of lightning with quite a few gadgets and structures in addition to with the surroundings. it truly is written in a method that may be obtainable to the technical non-expert and is addressed to an individual drawn to lightning and its results.
In 1837 a complete dialogue of lightning seemed within the Annual of the French Bureau des Longitudes with a piece on ball lightning which supplied for the 1st time a available resource within the medical literature of the elemental homes of this curious traditional phenomenon. the writer, Francois Arago, used to be the dominant effect within the French Academy of Sciences within the 19th century, having join that august physique on the age of twenty-three.
Within the biogeochemical dynamics of marine ecosystems, silicon is a big point whose function has, for a very long time, been underestimated. it really is even though critical to the task of a number of biomineralizing marine organisms, a few of which play an important position within the organic pump of oceanic carbon.
In ihren kurzen Erlebnisbildern beschreibt die Autorin mannigfaltige Spielarten des Lebens. Dabei ist ihr Blick auf Welt und Menschen teils heiter, teils melancholisch, teils verstörend. Der facettenreichen Sprache entspricht die Auswahl der von ihr aufgenommenen Lichtbilder.
- O Império Ecológico: ou A subversão da ecologia pelo globalismo (Portuguese Edition)
- The Wildlife in Trust: A Hundred Years of Nature Conservation
- Economics as a Political Muse: Philosophical Reflections on the Relevance of Economics for Ecological Policy (The International Library of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Ethics)
- Climate Extremes: Patterns and Mechanisms (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- Hurricane Climatology: A Modern Statistical Guide Using R
Extra resources for Lightning: Physics and Effects
Lightning: Physics and Effects by Vladimir A. Rakov,Martin A. Uman