By Kate De Medeiros PhD
What is intended by way of narrative? How can one elicit a story or study it in learn? How can narrative paintings top be facilitated between older adults? this can be the single textual content to supply entire information regarding the functions of narrative ways in neighborhood and long term settings, writing within the digital international, and such person paintings as journaling or poetry. The booklet explores the theories of narratives throughout many disciplines, study practices and analytical options, and purposes in paintings with older adults.
It has been written by means of a renowned researcher of the narrative development of self in outdated age, whose experiences were funded via the NIH, the Brookdale beginning, and the Alzheimerís organization, between different similar achievements. The publication brings jointly a distinct mixture of interdisciplinary views and practices no longer present in different books on lifestyles tales, autobiography, and/or narrative methods to realizing oneís reports. in particular, it makes a speciality of the myriad theoretical underpinnings of narrative, offers a developmental heritage of narrative use in gerontology, and info quite a few how one can use narratives in numerous learn settings. every one bankruptcy contains step by step courses on who to investigate and document on, and the way to write down up narrative information. It additionally discusses how you can comprise narratives in various perform settings similar to writing workshops in retirement groups, person writing tasks, and others.
- Offers a ìhands onî examine device that courses the reader from thought to analyze to perform
- Describes the theoretical underpinnings and sensible functions of narrative with older adults
- Illustrates how narrative gerontology is essentially diversified in perform than narrative examine with more youthful members
- Addresses the breadth of obtainable narrative tools and the way to use them in a examine settings
- Designed to be used in qualitative equipment, carrier studying, and gerontological learn classes.
Read Online or Download Narrative Gerontology in Research and Practice PDF
Similar gerontology books
Senior facilities in the US offers the main entire and present exam of this crucial subject on hand at the present time. Written by way of one of many top researchers within the box, this ebook offers an exhaustive overview of neighborhood and nationwide reviews to supply an entire and multi-faceted research of senior facilities.
Notice the varied diversity of housing strategies on hand to the aged inhabitants with this wonderful new publication. This well timed quantity addresses the general public coverage and layout and improvement concerns that needs to inevitably face these all in favour of housing our gradually becoming aged inhabitants. The chapters disguise a huge spectrum of populations together with aged humans in “aging ghettoes” in suburbia, carrying on with care retirement group citizens, full-time leisure car tourists, and the homeless aged.
Achieve a brand new viewpoint at the overseas implications of our getting older inhabitants! This entire e-book examines a extensive array of overseas matters in gerontology. concerns in worldwide getting older addresses the results of the fast development in aged populations in either the 3rd international and industrialized countries together with the united states, Israel, Pakistan, and the united kingdom.
Workout, meals and the Older girl: health for girls Over Fifty is a complete advisor to the main health matters for ladies over fifty. the writer is a doctor who explores vitamin, workout and way of life offerings from a scientific point of view. The publication assists within the layout and implementation of courses to optimize reliable health and wellbeing and caliber of lifestyles.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Ageing: Biographical Approaches for Inclusive Care and Support
- Elder Abuse: Selected Papers from the Prague World Congress on Family Violence
- Depressed Older Adults: Education and Screening
- Membrane Lipid Signaling in Aging and Age-Related Disease (Advances in Cell Aging and Gerontology)
- ‘Rock On’: Women, Ageing and Popular Music (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
- Transnational Aging: Current Insights and Future Challenges (Routledge Research in Transnationalism)
Additional info for Narrative Gerontology in Research and Practice
Narrative Gerontology in Research and Practice by Kate De Medeiros PhD