By Lynda Gratton,Andrew Scott
Does the idea of operating for 60 or 70 years fill you with dread? Or are you able to see the potential of a extra stimulating destiny because of having lots overtime?
Many folks were raised at the conventional idea of a three-stage method of our operating lives: schooling, through paintings after which retirement. yet this well-established pathway is already starting to cave in – existence expectancy is emerging, final-salary pensions are vanishing, and extending numbers of individuals are juggling a number of careers. even if you're 18, forty five or 60, it is very important do issues very in a different way from past generations and learn how to constitution your existence in thoroughly new ways.
The 100-Year Life is right here to help.
Drawing at the certain pairing in their event in psychology and economics, Lynda Gratton and Andrew Scott supply a broad-ranging research in addition to a raft of ideas, displaying how one can reconsider your funds, your schooling, your occupation and your relationships and create a satisfying 100-year lifestyles.
· how are you going to model a occupation and lifestyles course that defines you and your values and creates a moving stability among paintings and leisure?
· What are the best methods of boosting your actual and psychological healthiness over an extended and extra dynamic lifespan?
· how will you utilize your intangible resources – corresponding to friends and family – as you construct a effective, longer life?
· In a multiple-stage lifestyles how will you learn how to make the transitions that might be so the most important and test with new methods of dwelling, operating and learning?
Shortlisted for the FT/McKinsey enterprise e-book of the yr Award, The 100-Year Life is a warning call that describes what to anticipate and considers the alternatives and recommendations that you'll face. it's also essentially a decision to motion for people, politicians, companies and governments and gives the clearest demonstration 100-year existence could be a tremendous and encouraging one.
Read Online or Download The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity PDF
Best gerontology books
Senior facilities in the US provides the main entire and present exam of this crucial subject to be had this present day. Written by way of one of many best researchers within the box, this e-book provides an exhaustive assessment of neighborhood and nationwide experiences to supply a whole and multi-faceted research of senior facilities.
Detect the various diversity of housing suggestions on hand to the aged inhabitants with this wonderful new ebook. This well timed quantity addresses the general public coverage and layout and improvement matters that needs to unavoidably face these inquisitive about housing our gradually turning out to be aged inhabitants. The chapters conceal a vast spectrum of populations together with aged humans in “aging ghettoes” in suburbia, carrying on with care retirement neighborhood citizens, full-time leisure motor vehicle tourists, and the homeless aged.
Achieve a brand new standpoint at the foreign implications of our getting older inhabitants! This entire ebook examines a huge array of overseas issues in gerontology. matters in international getting older addresses the results of the speedy development in aged populations in either the 3rd international and industrialized countries together with the U.S., Israel, Pakistan, and the united kingdom.
Workout, food and the Older lady: wellbeing for girls Over Fifty is a finished advisor to the foremost wellbeing concerns for ladies over fifty. the writer is a doctor who explores vitamin, workout and way of life offerings from a scientific standpoint. The booklet assists within the layout and implementation of courses to optimize stable health and wellbeing and caliber of lifestyles.
- Memory and Aging: Current Issues and Future Directions
- Vivre en maison de retraite: Le dernier chez-soi (Le sens social) (French Edition)
- Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie des Alters (Urban-Taschenbücher) (German Edition)
- Pflegeethik und der Umgang mit dem Tod in der Pflege (German Edition)
- Der Demografische Wandel als Störfaktor in den sozialen Netzwerken älterer Menschen: Wie die Veränderung der Gesellschaft die Familienbindungen destabilisieren, ... Netzwerke angreifen können (German Edition)
- Person-Centered Communication with Older Adults: The Professional Provider's Guide
Extra info for The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity
The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity by Lynda Gratton,Andrew Scott