By J.D. Applen
Writing for the Web unites idea, know-how, and perform to discover writing and hypertext for site construction. It integrates such key subject matters as XHTML/CSS coding, writing (prose) for the internet, the rhetorical wishes of the viewers, theories of hypertext, usability and structure, and the fundamentals of website design and know-how. providing details in digestible parts, this text enables scholars to write down and build sensible and workable sites with a robust theoretical figuring out of the way on-line texts converse to audiences.
Key positive aspects of the e-book comprise:
- Screenshots of up to date sites that may enable scholars to appreciate how writing for and linking to different layers of an internet site may still paintings.
- Flow charts that describe how website structure and navigation works.
- Parsing routines within which scholars holiday down info into subsets to illustrate how site structure might be usable and scalable.
- Detailed step by step descriptions of the way to exploit easy applied sciences equivalent to dossier move protocols (FTP).
- Hands-on initiatives for college students to interact in that let them to attach a few of the elements within the textual content.
- A spouse site with downloadable code and extra pedagogical good points: www.routledge.com/cw/applen ?
Writing for the internet prepares scholars to paintings in expert roles, because it allows knowing of structure and association of written content material of an organization’s texts.
Read or Download Writing for the Web: Composing, Coding, and Constructing Web Sites PDF
Best rhetoric books
In a landmark collaboration, 5 co-authors advance a topic of standard disruptions ("the everyday") as a resource of provocative studying moments which could unencumber either scholar writers and writing middle employees. whilst, the authors parlay Etienne Wenger’s inspiration of "community of perform" into an ethos of a dynamic, learner-centered pedagogy that's specifically well-suited to the ordinary instructing state of affairs of the writing middle.
The papers during this quantity take care of the problem of ways corpus facts relate to the questions that cognitive linguists have as a rule investigated with appreciate to conceptual mappings. The authors examine quite a lot of matters - the coherence and serve as of specific metaphorical types, the interplay of shape and which means, the id of resource domain names of metaphorical expressions, the connection among metaphor and discourse, the priming of metaphors, and the historic improvement of metaphors.
An edited assortment whose individuals learn the connection among writing, studying, and video games/videogaming, those essays encompass educational essays from writing and rhetoric teacher-scholars, who theorize, and contextualize how computer/video video games improve writing practices inside of and past the study room and the instructing of writing.
"Contrary to the previous adage approximately discovering new names for previous issues, Writing on-line: Rhetoric for the electronic Age offers new existence and new intending to outdated names. The publication and its better half web site rework historical rhetoric as a strategy of oral composition—invention, association, reminiscence, sort, and delivery—into a electronic rhetoric, a dynamic technique of writing for the area huge net: dynamic since it indicates not just the right way to write in a web based medium yet, extra importantly, find out how to study and adapt to a medium that's continuously evolving and altering.
- The Viability of the Rhetorical Tradition
- Writing in Context(s): Textual Practices and Learning Processes in Sociocultural Settings: 15 (Studies in Writing)
- Governing Codes: Gender, Metaphor, and Political Identity (Lexington Studies in Political Communication)
- Personal Narrative, Revised: Writing Love and Agency in the High School Classroom (Language and Literacy Series)
- Writing and Reading Mental Health Records: Issues and Analysis in Professional Writing and Scientific Rhetoric
Additional resources for Writing for the Web: Composing, Coding, and Constructing Web Sites
Writing for the Web: Composing, Coding, and Constructing Web Sites by J.D. Applen